Keynote Speakers - Satellite Symposium and Final Consultation Workshop
We are happy to announce that four interesting and varied keynote speakers representing their fields of expertise at the upcoming Satellite Symposium "Geographical coordination of wildlife health surveillance" in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
More information about the APHAEA Satellite Symposium can be found here.
- Dr. Craig Stephen, Executive Director of the Canadian Wildlife Health Centre, Canada
will present:The Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative: wildlife health surveillance in the world's biggest country.
- Dr. Thomas J. DeLiberto, National Wildlife Disease Coordinator, USA
will present: Wildlife health surveillance across the 51 states of America.
- Prof. Dr. Christian Gortázar, Head, SaBio (Sanidad y Biotecnología) research group, Spain
will present: Aphaea: harmonizing estimates of wildlife abundance and wildlife disease diagnosis across Europe.
- Dr. Tokuma Yanai, Asian Wildlife Disease Surveillance Network, Japan
will present: Setting up an Asian network for wildlife disease surveillance.
Dr. Gervelmeyer and Dr. Karesh will participate at the APHAEA Final Consultation Workshop.
More information about the APHAEA Final Consultation Workshop can be found here.
- Dr. Andrea Gervelmeyer, Senior Scientific Officer, Animal Health and Welfare Team, ALPHA Unit, European Food Safety Authority, Italy
will present: How the harmonisation of approaches to monitoring wildlife can be supported by EFSA.
- Dr. William "Billy" Karesh, Executive Vice President for Health and Policy at EcoHealth Alliance, President of the World Animal Health Organization (OIE) Working Group on Wildlife Diseases
Will share his view on the APHAEA project goals and achievements.